Background

Monday, April 4, 2011

Tile #4 for Charity Drive

I have been busy organizing my stamps and forgot to put the instructions for my last tile. I started with Pink Bazzil Card stock, distressed with Vintage Photo and Peeled Paint, then started emblessing anything with
Roses, used some prima, added a vintage tobacco sack that I found at a local antique store and tea dyed it along with the tag, added some fiber, used a lot of pearls and bling around everything. I used a Kaiser Craft dress form and designed a vintage looking coat with lace and pearls. I cut the fabric out of a wine bottle cover my "Other Mother"or my son's Mother in Law Lesa Barnes gave me on a trip to Hawaii, and created the coat. then I added some fiber to look like a belt and a pearl, (comes from many years in the fashion retail business). Then I lucked up on a doily set, hand crocheted at an antique store and cut it apart, it made 43 crocheted flowers that I tea stained and added behind the dress form. The lace is from my Mother stash, at least 20+ years old. I wasn't satisfied with the way it looked until I used my finger and added Diamond Stickles all over it. Pretty much really liked the way it turned out then. Hope you like it, please comment if you have any questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment